International Young Diplomats School(IYDS) is based on the model of Summer School of international standards which is four days engaging and illuminating academic module for dynamic and exceptional university students and faculty members, graduates, young professionals, researchers, embassy staff and Diplomats for getting exposed to innovative skills and fresh ideas of diplomacy, leadership and decision making skills to coup with the challenging environment. The IYDS is aimed to address the needs of emerging young leaders of age of 15-35 and having deep interest and background of Social Sciences such as Political Science, Sociology, Journalism, Anthropology, History, International Relations, Peace and Conflict Studies, Management Sciences, Economics, Information Technology and Law to get exposed to following opportunities:
- To get prepared with highest skills and necessary knowledge to have solid foundation for a successful career in government, diplomatic missions and international organizations,
- To be part of interactive sessions with senior foreign and Pakistani diplomats, serving and retired government officers, representatives of international and national NGOs, prominent professors and academic community,
- To engage in debates and formulate policies over the issues of national, regional and international nature and provide bright and fresh ideas to the problems thus finding lasting solutions.
- To reach out to the youth and experts from across Pakistan with creating long lasting relationship coupled with academic and cultural exchange of ideas.
- To get exposed to different cultures , languages, communities, research, policy briefs and position papers on a variety of issues
Methods and Modules:
- Lectures sessions with top Ambassadors, Heads of International Organizations, foreign and Pakistani diplomats, serving and retired government officers, representatives of international and national NGOs, prominent professors and academic community from Pakistan and across the world.
- Simulations Exercises /Role Plays over the range of Issues of Diplomacy, Conflict Analysis and International Relations
- Interactive sessions at the Foreign Diplomatic Missions and Representatives of International and National Organization
- Field trips along with cultural events and final session for presentation of certificates.
Why you should participate?
- Direct connection with the high levels of policy makers, shapers and implementers.
- Opinion and policy monographs of participants will be shared with top academic institutions, NGOs, various Ministries of Foreign Affairs, business executives, international organizations along with the leading media houses across the globe.
- Constant contact with the IYDS Alumni Network throughout your career and life via social media and regular annual events of the Alumni.
- Job placement/internships opportunities within the INGOs and NGO, Diplomatic Missions and several other organizations.
- Future is bright with prospects of collaboration and joint handling of the challenges with sharing of ideas; thoughts and actions plans that will begin soon you step into the program.
- Opportunity to reach out to the youth and internationally acclaimed scholars and diplomats from various countries thus creating long lasting relationship coupled with academic and cultural exchange of ideas.
- You will have an opportunity to engage in interactive sessions with senior diplomats and officials of government, lectures different subjects covered by prominent academic community from world’s renowned universities.
Participants: Young exceptional, dynamic professionals fromacross Pakistan and around the globe are participating in this program with having diverse background, providing a multi-ethnic, multi-religious, multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment of unique nature. Special attention will be given to the youth groups from marginalized communities having low income background.
Criteria: If you are between the age of 15-35 and having a background and interest for Social Sciences in the following disciplines: Political Science, Sociology, Journalism, Anthropology, International Relations, Peace and Conflict Studies, Management Sciences, Economics, and Law, you are eligible to apply.
Travel and Transportation: Participants will arrange their own travel from the regions of their origin.
However transportation needed for each day (venue, meetings, briefing sessions and to the tours) will be provided by the organizers.
Accommodation: During the program you will stay at hotel on twin sharing basis at Islamabad.
Language of the Program: The training will be delivered in English language without interpretation.
Program Package: You will receive the program package including the program agenda, handouts, city map, and other useful information upon arrival.
Fee for Participation/Registration: 100 USD (10,000 PKR).
Dress Code: The general dress code for is business casual. Please feel free to bring comfortable clothes.
Application Form: A complete application form is necessary to register and be considered for participation in IYDS. Please, fill the form in English. A confirmation letter will be sent to the applicant by e-mail upon the acceptance of the application. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
The deadline for accepting documents with requirements( application form and registration fee) is Monday 1 August, 2016
Should you need more information, do not hesitate to contact the program administration via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Institute of Peace and Diplomatic Studies (IPD) is an independent, non-governmental and non-profit think tank that aims to provide strength to global peace through dialogue and diplomacy by sharing knowledge, research, analysis and policy development in the areas of, peace-diplomacy, peace-building, conflict resolution, conflict transformation, and conflict management. The main objective is to provide neutral space to stakeholders to share ideas, exchange views, experiences, understanding of the issues through innovative research and practices worldwide. IPD aims at connecting diverse groups and disciplines including experts, researchers, academicians, non-government organizations from across the globe working in conflict zones with the sole purpose of creating sustainable peace in countries and communities facing traditional and nontraditional security threats.
For further details:
Institute of Peace and Diplomatic Studies
H# 138, St# 99, I-8/4, P.O Box # 1239, Islamabad- Pakistan
Tel : +92 51 4901547 Fax : +92 51 444 0104